Daily Announcements for the Week of May 15
- Students, you are not allowed to leave campus during the school day without a parent. You are not allowed to walk across the street to Whataburger or drive off campus to any other business at any time. If you are caught walking across the street to Whataburger or driving off campus, you WILL receive a discipline consequence from an AP. This includes walking across the street in the mornings or during lunch times or any other time of the school day. If you are confused on this expectation, see your AP for more information. Make the right choice and do the right thing!
- Attention Legacy Seniors! Do you want $1000? Well, you still have time to submit your artwork for the Legacy Jessica Louviere Art Scholarship. Please scan the QR code or see Mrs. Veselka in room EN106 for more information. This Wednesday is the last day to submit your application! The recipient will be announced at the Senior Banquet Awards Ceremony.
- Seniors: We need pictures for the annual graduation day video. Send Dr. Butler a picture of you by Tuesday, May 23rd. Any pictures from the 2016-17 school year can be submitted – sports events, friends, prom, homecoming, concerts, family photos, etc. Email Dr. Butler your photos.
- Effective immediately…students will no longer be given warnings when out of dress code. If you choose to wear shorts that are too short or leggings; you will be sent directly to AC by the administrators. No one will be given the opportunity to change. No exceptions. In addition, Blankets will no longer be allowed in classrooms, cafeteria or halls. Leave your blankets at home.
- The yearly faculty/senior basketball game will be held on May 25th. If you are a senior and would like to participate, please see Coach Morris. We will only take a certain amount of seniors. First come will be guaranteed a spot. Faculty, if you are interested in participating in anyway, please email Coach Morris.
- The credit recovery lab will be opened Monday through Thursday from 3:00-5:00 in Mrs. Harris’ room I-108. The lab will also be open every Saturday in May from 8:00-12:00 in I-108. All credit recovery courses must be finished by Wednesday, May 31st at 5:00 pm.
- All students have received a link on his/her iPad for a technology survey where they can provide feedback on the campus technology & learning. The window for the survey will be May 8th-19th , 2017. We appreciate the feedback they will give us!
- Cross Country meeting for anyone interested in running cross country next year after school on May 17th in Coach Beckler’s classroom, AJ-104 right after school.
- Attention all Seniors! Wednesday will be our campus iPad Collection Day. All Seniors who have a school-issued iPad will need to bring it to school along with the case, case cover and charger. If you have it with you today (Tuesday) & you want to return it, you can turn it in to Mrs. Nance in the Counseling Office. Once your iPad & accessories have been returned, you will be eligible to pick up your graduation tickets when they are available this Thursday.
- TCC Students: Your textbooks for your TCC classes are officially past due. Today (Tuesday) is the last possible day to turn in your books to the 3rd floor AP office. Beginning tomorrow, that office will be closed for the remainder of this week. If you have not turned your books in by the end of the day today, fines will be added to your account this afternoon. Remember, you will be unable to pick up graduation tickets until they are paid!
- Seniors- If you are attending one of the four Senior Clap-Out Ceremonies at elementary schools that feed to our campus, please check your email from Dr. Butler for directions regarding your attendance this Thursday, May 18th. If you have questions, please stop by Dr. Butler’s office or any AP office for more information.
-Tarver-Rendon – Thursday, May 18th @ 2:30pm. They need to scan the QR code on Mrs. Gresham’s classroom door to RSVP.
-Ponder Elementary – Thursday, May 18th @ 2:30.
-Mary Jo Sheppard – Thursday, May 18th @ 8:15 am in the MJS library.
-Carol Holt – Friday, May 26th @ 2:30
Remember to wear your cap and gown to represent your success to our future students.
- SENIORS – You WILL NOT be able to pick up your graduation tickets Thursday if you owe a fine. See the bookkeeper during lunches if you have any questions about what you may owe
- Attention juniors: This is a great opportunity for you this summer.
Mansfield ISD and Prairie View A & M University have combined efforts to prepare you for the college search process during your senior year. We have created a Rising Senior Camp which will be an overnight, interactive experience held July 17th-July 18th at PVAMU. Transportation will be provided. This camp is full of valuable information about the college search process, college application tips, financial aid and more. While the event is held at PVAMU the information provided is not specific to PVAMU so regardless of where you are thinking about attending college, PVAMU Rising Senior Camp can help you.
- Keep up with what’s going on at Legacy by reading therideronline.com. It is updated daily with news, photos, videos and more. You can keep up on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as well.