Daily Announcements for the Week of 10/2
Posted 10/03/2017 11:10AM
Daily Announcements for the Week of 10/2
- Please be advised that we do NOT accept deliveries for students on campus unless it is brought by a parent. Do not order lunch and try to have it delivered to the front desk. You will waste your money.
- Texas Tech will be here to share information about their University during all lunches Tuesday.
- The Legacy Bronco Debate team won the 4th Place sweepstakes award at Princeton HS UIL Speech and Debate Tournament. What a team effort!!
In Varsity LD Debate
Tyler Dixon was undefeated taking 4th Place.
In Extemporaneous Speaking,
Phillip Ipock was semifinalist in Persuasive Speaking.
In Novice Lincoln Douglas Debate
Natalie Ponder took 5th Place
In Public Forum Debate
Joseph Castronovo & Margaret Vo took 2nd
In Novice CX Debate
Kylie Moretz and Michael Castronovo took 2nd Place
In Varsity CX Debate
Cintia Vera and Katlin Nguyen took 6th Place
Way to go Legacy Debate!
- Today is the day to buy your dress code pass during all lunches for Thursday.
- Seniors: The deadline to buy a senior ad in the yearbook is Friday. If you haven’t already bought your ad, remind your parents. Samples and a mail-in order form can be downloaded at legacystudentmedia.com. There is also an option to order online with a credit card and upload photos directly to the publisher. That link is also at legacystudentmedia.com. Hurry before the deadline passes for your senior ad. If you have questions, please see Mr. Mallett or Mrs. Dearinger in the journalism room
- Environmental Club will meet Thursday after school in U204 to finalize our plans for our red wagon parade entry. Come join us!
- Need help making a mum or garter for homecoming and want to save money? Mrs. Pinkerton in the library can help. She will be offering help during lunch and after school until 4:00 everyday October 10th – October 19th. You bring the flowers, ribbons, letters and trinkets, she will supply to staples, hot glue and expertise to help you make the best mum or garter you can imagine. Stop by the library to see some of her previous creations!
- Homecoming shirts will be on sale for orders one more day - TUESDAY is the last day to order your Homecoming shirt! There is a shortage of inventory for the comfort colors shirt so we have to place our order now! Stop by the StuCo store during your lunch tomorrow!
- Homecoming nominations are open now. Find the link on twitter...follow @LegacyStuCo for the link and other important information. QR codes will also be available during lunches on Tuesday and Thursday. The form will close at 3:00 on Thursday.
- Pink Out is next week! We will have a pre-game BBQ showdown and tailgate at the Phoenix Academy across the street from RLA stadium. Tickets for the BBQ showdown are $5 or just come for the fun! Help Mr. Perry & Mr. Villegas beat Timberview in the BBQ showdown!
- Student State Fair tickets have arrived! Please go to the reception desk if interested. Monday, October 9th is a student holiday and would be a great time to attend the fair.
- Summer is stilling hanging on... and the Senior Class is hosting a spirit night at Bahama Buck's Wednesday from 5-8. Come cool off with a snow cone and make sure to mention you are there to support the Legacy High School Senior Class.
- Thursday is the last day to order red out shirts. Red out shirts are available in long and short sleeve!
- Attention all potential men’s basketball players. Bronco basketball will be hosting a tryout meeting in the JV Gym immediately after school next Friday, Oct 13th. This is for all boys who are interested in trying out for Bronco Basketball. The Bronco Basketball coaches will be discussing important information regarding tryouts that will be held in early November. Contact Coach Hudson or Coach McCloud for more details. Thank you and GO BRONCOS!
- If you have lost a watch over the last few weeks, please see the Bookkeeper. She has some unclaimed.
- Seniors – You need to order your Senior Shirt using the link sent on Remind or you can go by Ms. Cavnar’ s room. You must order and PAY you money no later than Friday, October 6.
- Do you speak Spanish? Or have you studied Spanish? Do you want to make a difference in the world while having fun? Spanish Honor Society and Spanish Club meet tomorrow, Wednesday afternoon at 3:00 in AJ103, Ms. Suarez’ room. This month we’re celebrating Hispanic Heritage month AND looking for ways to help those in Puerto Rico affected by Hurricane Maria. Hasta la vista —see you there!!
- Get ready for a night of Texas-sized fun! Legacy Theatre presents FAITH COUNTY, a southern dysfunctional comedy set in present day East Texas. Show times are October 5-7 at 7 p.m. and October 8 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $5 for students and $7 for adults. There will be a carnival fundraiser one hour prior to the show. There will be games, prizes, photo booths and a silent auction. We hope to see you there!”
- Attention Seniors: The FAFSA Application is now open. If you would like hands on assistance completing the FAFSA, please join us Thursday evening, October 5th. Representatives from the TCC Financial Aid office will be available at the MISD Center for the Performing Arts in the computer labs the evening of October 5th to assist all senior students and their families. We will have one session from 6:30-7:15 and a second session from 7:15-8:00.
- Are you a junior or senior interested in attending Prairie View A & M University? Then join us for Panther Pride Night!
Who: Juniors and Seniors interested in PVAMU along with their parents
When: October 4th
Where: MISD Center for the Performing Arts
Representatives from Prairie View A & M University will be here to share information about the wonderful programs offered at their university! Come learn about admissions and financial aid!
- Keep up with what’s going on at Legacy by reading therideronline.com. It is updated daily with news, photos, videos and more. You can keep up on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as well.