Daily Announcements for the Week of 11/27/17
Posted 11/27/2017 11:15AM
Daily Announcements for the Week of November 27
- Baseball meeting for anyone interested in trying out for baseball this Thursday after school at 3:00 in W 307. The meeting will be very brief and should last no longer than 10 minutes.
- Legacy will play North Forney in Round 3 of the football playoffs this Saturday at Allen ISD Stadium at 2:00. Pre-sale ticket sales begin Tuesday. $6 for students and $8 for adults. Purchase between 7:30-1 and 2:30-3:15. Ticket sales end Friday at 1:00. Cash or Check only. No credit cards. Parking will be $5 per vehicle at the stadium.
- There will be a meeting for all girls (Sprints, Field, Hurdles, Distance) and Boys Distance runners who are running track in 2018 after school in Coach Beckler’s classroom (J-104) THIS THURSDAY after school. If you are unable to attend, please stop by and pick up a winter training packet, schedule, and sign up. See you Thursday!
- Toys for Tots! We have 118 toys so far. Thanks to all of those who have donated. We still need almost 400 toys to reach our goal, so we need everyone to get involved!! How about a pajama day???? Get out and buy a toy for our Toys for Tots, and you can trade the toy for a PJ’s pass. There will be a table at all lunches this Friday and the following Monday. Bring a $5 toy or 5 toys that cost $1, and you will get a pass to wear pajamas on Tuesday, December 5th.
- The following colleges will be here soon during lunches to share what their school has to offer:
University of Texas at Austin - Tuesday, November 28th
Savannah College of Art and Design - Friday, December 1st
- Ogle Cosmetology will be coming to the Go Center on December 7th . He will be here from 10:30-1:30 informing the students about Ogle and the different types of opportunities that students can get with the help from them. We have put up flyers in the school building and have a sign up sheet hanging on the Go Center door for them to sign up for it, we just need to add it to the announcements to let students know.
- In support of Vision2020, the MISD Technology department’s goal is to improve upon our quality of service to all staff and students. This includes providing the right technology tools for teachers & students. Students, you will be able to find the link to the mobile device survey from a Skyward email and our school’s website. The mobile device survey will also be pushed to district iPads. This survey is for all students, even if you don’t have a district iPad. The survey will be available through Monday, November 27th.
- Art Club is meeting Tuesday afternoon right after school to paint windows in downtown Mansfield. All members are welcome to attend but are responsible for their own ride to downtown. See you there!
- Check the table at lunch to make sure your name and photo are correct for the yearbook. You only have today and Wednesday to check. Don’t be “Tammy” in the yearbook this year. Check the list. Also see if you’ve purchased a book. You can still order at legacystudentmedia.com.
- Thursday at 9:00 am the Legacy Varsity Basketball team will be participated in the Annual Spring Creek Tournament. This tournament features some of the best teams and players in the country. Good news- for $1.00 you can watch this spectacular tournament during 2nd period. Tickets are sold in the library during lunch, and non instructional time. You must have a ticket to attend the game. Please stop by today and get your ticket while they last.
- If you scored a 3, 4 or 5 on last year’s AP test AND ordered your FREE shirt, they are here! Please come during advisory on Wednesday to Mrs. Esaili’s room, T201 to up your shirt. Plan on staying just for a few minutes to have your picture taken.
- Legacy is sponsoring a “Donuts for Dad” on Tuesday, December 5 at 6:45 am. Invite your dad to join you here at school for breakfast that day.
- Do you want to go to college but need some help? AVID Club for students to are interested in college readiness but may not or may not be in the class. We have community service opportunities as well as college topics each meeting. We offer identical morning and afternoon meetings so you can pick the best time for you. The next AVID Club meeting will be held on Monday, December 4th after school at 3 and before school on Tuesday, December 5th at 7am in Mrs. Roberts’ room, J-108. Come check us out!
- Keep up with what is going on at Legacy by reading therideronline.com. It is updated daily with news, photos, videos and more. You can keep up on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as well.