Daily Announcements for the Week of 12/4/17
Spanish Honor Society is now offering tutoring for your Spanish exams. Free tutoring by experienced students will be available in the Spanish classrooms at 3 PM Monday through Thursday next week. Mornings are available by appointment. See Ms. Suarez in AJ 103 with questions.
Spring semester schedule correction forms are currently available in the counseling office. Correction forms must be returned by the end of the day Tuesday, Dec 12th.
- Legacy is sponsoring a “Donuts for Dad” on Tuesday, December 5 at 6:45 am. Invite your dad to join you here at school for breakfast that day and bring attention to our Watch DOGS (Dads of Great Students).
- Students who turned in a toy for the Toys for Tots drive on Friday or Monday at lunch are eligible to wear pajamas to school on Tuesday (12/5) with the lanyard tag they were given.
- AVID Club will be meeting on Monday afternoon at 3 pm and Tuesday morning at 7 am in Mrs. Roberts room, J-108. Come by for college prep info and a community service opportunity.
- All seniors – popcorn money should be turned in to Ms. Cavnar today.
- Ogle Cosmetology will be coming to the Go Center on December 7th and December 8th in the cafeteria. A representative will be here from 10:30-1:30 informing the students about Ogle and the different types of opportunities that students can get with the help from them. Sign up form is available on the Go Center door if you would like to participate.
- Make plans to get your football playoff shirts this Tuesday and Wednesday during the lunches. There will be a table set up in the cafeteria to purchase them.
- The JROTC Department competed at that Grand Prairie Invitational Shoot Out Drill Competition this past weekend in Grand Prairie, Texas. There were 27 teams in competition and these are the results:
Armed Drill Regulation Phase- 2nd Place Overall
Armed Drill Inspection Phase- 1st Place Overall
Female Color Guard Inspection Phase- 2nd Place Overall
Female Color Guard Performance Phase- 1st Place Overall
Male Color Guard Inspection Phase- 2nd Overall
Male Color Guard Performance Phase-3rd Overall
Overall Grand Champion- 3rd Place Overall
This was truly a great start to a rebuilding year for all of our teams. Go Broncos!!
- EOC re-testing continues for the remainder of this week. Students in need of retakes should report directly to the library at 7:25 the day of the the needed test. Wednesday is retake for English II. Thursday will be retakes for students who need to pass Biology and U.S. History. Friday we will complete the testing week by offering make-up tests for any student who may have missed a required retake test. If you believe you need to retake any test and are unsure of what to do, please see Mrs. DeGray in the 3rd floor AP office.
- Legacy Football plays Frisco Lone Star on Saturday, 2:00 pm @ SMU. Tickets will be $10 for Pre sale and at the gate for both Adults and Students. Anyone 3 and over will need to purchase a ticket. Parking is $10. If you wish to avoid the lines and would like to purchase a ticket from the Bookkeeper, sales will begin Tuesday at 10:00 am and will end Friday at 1:00 pm. Be advised: No purses, bags, backpacks, diaper bags, seat cushions, camera cases, etc will be allowed inside of the stadium. They will only allow clear plastic totes, or single plastic storage bag to be carried in.
The football booster club is sponsoring an official send-off celebration here at Legacy at 10:30 on Saturday morning. Come out and be loud as we send the team off to another victory.
The Legacy High School Dance Department presents Fall Recital on Friday night at 7 pm at Willie Pigg Auditorium. Tickets are $2 and are on sale now in the dance room. Come enjoy performances from all the dance classes as well as the JV and Varsity Silver Spurs!