Weekly Bronco Nation Update 9/14-18/2020
Bronco Nation Update from Dr. Butler
- TxDPS has currently waived VOEs due to COVID-19. Students can use their current schedule or most recent report card from Skyward to use as evidence of enrollment.
- If you are a sophomore or a freshmen and not playing sports, you could be a student trainer for athletics. If you are interested go see Doc Thompson or Doc Rojas in the new MAC training room after school this week or next week.
- Today (9/15) is the first day of Hispanic Heritage Month. National Hispanic Heritage Month celebrates and recognizes the contributions Hispanic Americans have made to American society and culture and honors five of our Central American neighbors who celebrate their independence in September.
- Miss out in getting at 2020 yearbook? We have a few extras, please bring $80 to the journalism room, (EO102), near the band hall, to buy the last few books for sale.
- The 2021 yearbook is on sale now. Go to legacystudentmedia.com to buy.
- Seniors ads for the back of the yearbook are also on sale. The deadline is Oct. 2. Ordering information and samples can be found at legacystudentmedia.com.
- Mark your calendars for yearbook picture day. October 5, 6 during your English class.
- Students who do not plan on purchasing a lunch in the cafeteria must bring lunch with them to school. We cannot let outside food be brought to our students for lunches. That means no Uber Eats, no Door Dash or any other meal delivery service. This is a security precaution as well as an attempt to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Pay attention students. Tomorrow we will begin enforcing all of the campus rules.
- We will be giving tardy passes, so be on time to class.
- Beginning tomorrow(9/16), you must wear your ID at all times in the building.
- Dress code regulations will be enforced starting tomorrow as well.
- Reminder: No hats, hoodies, or bandanas are to be worn in the building. If you choose to wear leggings – your shirt must be at least the length of your fingertips when hands are straight down at your side. Shorts and skirts can be no shorter than 5 inches above the knee. Holes in jeans are allowed but must only be below the length of your fingertips when hands are fully extended at your side.
- Administrators will be issuing consequences for infractions of these rules.