Daily Announcements for the Week of 2/5/18
Posted 02/05/2018 11:51AM
Daily Announcements for the Week of 2/5/18
- Would you rather be at Six Flags instead of school?! Let’s go to Six Flags! On Friday, March 23, you and your Legacy friends are invited to join Ms. Anderson on a trip to Six Flags. To qualify to go, you have to have passed all of your classes 1st semester and 4th 6 weeks, you have to NOT be absence failing and NOT have discipline referrals. ALSO – there will be a drawing for FREE tickets for people who sign up and have had perfect attendance! If you think you want to go, pick up a permission form and the info you will need from Ms. Anderson’s class (T204) or Mrs. Pena in the second floor AP office. The deadline to sign up is February 20 or before if the 300 available spots are filled. First come first served, don’t wait too long! Don’t be the sad face sitting in class while your friends are at the park.
- The library will not have extended hours Monday afternoon. We will close at 3:10. Students: Please plan accordingly for transportation home after school.
- Make plans to attend the next faculty read aloud next Monday, 2/12. It will feature Mrs. Hurst and Mrs. Fagan reading excerpts from the book Stiff by Mary Roach. A candy bar will be provided for all attendies.
- The following universities will have representatives here during all lunches on Monday.
University of Alabama
- The Varsity Baseball team will be scrimmaging Monday at 4:30. We hope to see you there. AFTER the game, we would like to invite you to Buffalo Wild Wings to support the baseball team. Part of the proceeds will go to Legacy Baseball.
- Don’t forget to drop off toothbrushes and travel-sized toothpaste to the reception desk. This is for a PTA community drive the whole month of February.
- The Multicultural Festival is quickly approaching and the district coordinator is currently looking for 112 student volunteers for the Living Museum. Student will select a historic figure to study and prepare a short speech talking about the significance of this person. Participants are encouraged to dress the part and can also bring props. If you think you may be interested in participating, please see any AP secretary for more information. Hurry! Spots will be filled on a first come/first served basis.
- If you would like to join The Legacy African Student Union to dance at the multicultural festival in March, please come to our rehearsals which will be every Tuesday in February.
We will also have topics for discussion and debate during the black history month. Please come join us on Thursdays after school
- LUCK week is coming!! Shirts go on sale Monday!! Buy your shirt and support Coach Ferg's wife...Amanda! No one fights alone! Stop buy the StuCo store during all lunches. Checks must be written to Got Spirit for this shirt only!
- This past weekend the Legacy Swim and Dive team competed at the Regional Championship meet. Both Men’s and Women’s teams finished fourth. Abigail Jameson and Eric Stelmar will be representing Legacy at the state meet in Austin in two weeks. Abby will be swimming the 200 and 500 Freestyle. Eric will be swimming the 100 Freestyle and the 100 backstroke. Eric was also named male swimmer of the meet.
- If you have lost a jacket or anything else, please check the front Reception Desk. All items will be donated if not claimed by Wednesday the 7th.
- There will be a senior class meeting Thursday morning during advisory. Tomorrow at 10:30 an announcement will release all seniors to the PAC for this meeting. Important information about prom, graduation, and college signing date will be discussed. You do not want to miss it.
- This coming Monday, February 12th is the last day to buy your Valentine, friend or even yourself a cute Valentine gram! Stop by the Art Club table and get yours during all lunches.
- Do you want to go to college but need some help? AVID Club for students to are interested in college readiness but may not or may not be in the class. We have community service opportunities as well as college topics each meeting. We offer identical morning and afternoon meetings so you can pick the best time for you. The next AVID Club meeting will be held on Monday, February 12th after school at 3 and before school on Tuesday, February 13th at 7am in Mrs. Roberts’ room, J-108. Come check us out!