Daily Announcements for the Week of 4/9/18
- The JROTC Department competed in the Mesquite Military Skills Drill Competition this past weekend in Mesquite, Texas. There were 18 teams in competition and these are the results:
Female Color Guard- 1st Performance Phase
2nd Place Inspection Phase
1st Place Overall
Male Color Guard- 2nd Place Performance Phase
2nd Place Overall
Academic Phase- 1st Place Overall
Unarmed Drill- 2nd Place Performance Phase
3rd Place Inspection Phase
3rd Place Overall
Armed Drill- 3rd Place Inspection Phase
Female Team Physical Training- 3rd Place Overall
Overall Grand Champion- 2nd Place Overall
This was the last meet of another successful year of drill competitions. Congrats to JROTC
- BRONCO BUST THE BLEACHERS --- Come show your spirit for your favorite teams and see how many people we can get in the stands before they “bust”!
Show some spirit for Bronco Softball Friday, April 13th @ 6:00 p.m.
Throwouts and Prizes for the most Bronco Spirit – Take photos and tweet #broncobustthebleachers
- Buy your BOLD WEEK SHIRT – this week during A day lunches. The $10 shirt you will also get entry into the Bronco Bold Field Day on Friday, April 27 – food, fun and games. All during your 4th block – you won’t want to miss this!!
- STUCO will be selling popsicles and suckers Monday – everything $1.00 during lunches.
- ATTENTION SENIORS… You have one month left until you have to turn in your school-issued iPad.
If you are no longer using it, go ahead and turn it in my Ms. Retchless starting today.
You must turn in your iPad and all the accessories that were given to you in order to get your deposit back & to pick up your graduation tickets next month.
If you have any questions, please see Ms. Retchless.
- *Please check the lost & found at the front reception desk for lost jackets, pants, gym clothes, shoes & glasses. All items will be donates if not claimed by April 13th.
- Hey students! Perfect attendance awards are coming your way. For the last six weeks of school, we will select 1 student from each grade level to receive a perfect attendance incentive award provided by the faculty and staff of LHS. Each week, we will track student attendance and look for students who have had no absences and no tardies for the entire week. Your name will be placed in a drawing every Friday. We will draw one name from each grade level to receive an incentive award. Seniors have a chance to win two (2) free prom tickets and other items for college next year.
So COME TO SCHOOL Ev-Er-Y-DAY and earn some Legacy loot!
- Students! Teachers! Staff! Everyone! Please join us on Tuesday, April 17 for the Westside Community Picnic here at Legacy! Bring your friends, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins to enjoy the food trucks, vendors, bounce house, and performances by numerous student groups! You will be able to admire works of art in the Westside Art Show! You can even make your own art in the Blue Tangerine Mobile Art RV! You can sign up to save lives by participating in the Carter Blood Care Blood Drive. To get on the list to donate blood, please contact Tiffany Smith at 214 554 4827. There’s lots to do, so come out and enjoy a fun time with friends and family! See you there!
- Students, the Biology EOC will be here before you know it. Tutoring is offered this week as follows:
Wednesday, 3-3:45, in Z304: Organelles and cell types
Thursday, 3-3:45, in U202: Ecology
- The Legacy African students union will be having a presentation about Nigeria's booming film Industry called Nollywood. The presentation will be on Thursday after school. Please come to Ms Denge's room V303 and join us. Everyone is welcome to participate.
- The Legacy High School Art Club established the Jessica Louviere Memorial Art Scholarship in 2014 to honor the memory of one of Legacy High School's founding art teachers, Mrs. Jessica Louviere. The scholarship is designed to assist Legacy High School graduates in their post high school endeavors and is available to any Legacy High School senior student who is passionate about art. The scholarship will be awarded to one deserving student based on the required information provided by the applicant. The scholarship amount is $1000.00. The DEADLINE to complete the application is Thursday, May 3rd.
The scholarship application contains 3 components:
-A letter of recommendation
-A digital portfolio of your artwork (you do not have to be in art class to apply)
Please scan the art scholarship poster QR code in the art hallway or see Mrs. Veselka for more details.
The recipient will be announced at the Senior Awards Ceremony.