Daily Announcements for the Week of 10/22/18
- Seniors – Don’t forget to order your Senior T-shirt today! We are taking orders through Friday, October 26. There will be no extras ordered. You can pay in person or online.
- We will be having Homecoming Coronation at the Half of the Bryan Adams game this week @ RL Anderson. Please make sure you wear your HOCO shirt and Mums. ALL Homecoming candidates need to be present and ready to enter field by 7:00.
- Next week is Red Ribbon Week- watch for dress up days.
- Next Friday is Senior Night at the Football Game. All seniors who are involved in JROTC, Silver Spurs, Football, Band, Color Guard, and Cheer need to fill out the information form provided to your sponsors – Seniors you may have TWO family members escort you that evening. ONLY two will be allowed on field.
- Red Out shirts will be available next week for pickup and purchase.
- If you are attending the Stars Leadership Day, please turn in your permission sheet and money by Wednesday, October 24.
- Congratulations to the following Debate and Journalism students who made us proud at Seguin High School this Past Saturday:
Phillip Ipock won First Place LD Debate award, and also the Top Speaker Gavel
Katlin Nguyen and Katelyn Pasierb First place in CX Debate
Carson Wells 5th place in Persuasive Extemp
In LD Debate:
Sembree Yeary 2nd Place Top Speaker
Natalie Ponder 4th Place Top Speaker
Kathryn Pedroza 1st place in Feature Writing, 2nd Place in News writing and 6th place in Editorial writing
Brinley Koenig 1st Place in Headline Writing, 2nd Place in Editorial Writing, 3rd place in Feature Writing, and 4th Place in News Writing.
Jordan Folsom 2nd place in Headline Writing, and 4th Place in Feature Writing
Way To Go!!!!
- PTSA meeting will be Monday, October 22nd at 6:00 p.m. in the Legacy Library. The door to enter is close to the end of the circle drive. There will be a Broncos sign near the door.
- The Muslim Association will meet Tuesday in room AY311 from 3-4.
- Representative from our very own Go Center wanted to remind seniors who have not yet taken the SAT or wish to try and better their previous SAT score for college entry that you need to be sure to sign up for the SAT on December 1. This is the last opportunity to have results in time for all of the university application deadlines in March.
- Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising will be here on Tuesday, October 23rd to share their programs.
- Men's Basketball tryouts are Friday the 26th 7am and Saturday the 27th at noon. We will have a meeting for managers and kids who are trying out for the basketball team Monday afternoon at 315pm in room PG 114 also known as the Bronco Room.
- SENIORS!!!—Are you interested in attending TCC next year? If so, Mrs. Julius will be taking up to 40 SENIOR students on a field trip to TCC on Friday, November 2nd. Please make sure you sign up for this field trip in the counseling office by October 24th. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Julius.
- The LGBT club is meeting in Y315, Monday after school. We will provide an overview of all the different LGBT identities for the curious or confused, and we’ll discuss activities for the future. There will be snacks and drinks provided! Hope to see you there!
- Attention students: MISD College and Career Night will be held on Monday, Oct. 29 at the Center for the Performing Arts (1110 W Debbie Lane, Mansfield, Texas 76063) from 6 - 8 p.m. High school students and their parents are encouraged to attend. College, technical school and military representatives will be available to answer questions about their respective programs and campuses. Financial Aid and ACT/SAT Exam Prep Seminars will also be held. Please pre-register for this event by following the instructions posted on the Legacy HS website located under “District News” or scan the QR code from the posters that are located throughout the building. We hope to see you there!!
- Put your best foot forward and buy some socks to support Legacy Key Club's fundraising goal to provide prosthetic limbs for individuals in need from developing countries. Stop by the Key Club table during lunches the next two weeks to buy some awesome socks for $4 a pair."
- If you have been identified as one of the top 10% of graduating seniors this year AND you are interested in attending UT Austin next year please stop by the Counseling Office to sign up to meet with a UT Austin Admission Counselor. The counselor will be on campus Tuesday October 23rd @11:30 am. Please remember to come by the counseling office and sign up to receive a pass for that day.
- The Legacy step team will be holding auditions on Wednesday 10/24 in at 3:15. V303. We need both male and Female steppers. Please come and join!
- PLEASE COME CHECK THE LOST & FOUND AT THE FRONT DESK FOR ANY LOST LUNCH BOXES, JACKETS, BINDERS OR CUPS.
- Unused tickets that were purchased for the Original Homecoming date can be used this week at Friday’s game. They just need to hand their ticket to the ticket taker. Homecoming festivities will begin around 7:00 p.m.
- Attention Seniors: Jostens will be on campus taking your announcement and cap and gown orders on Tuesday & Wednesday October 30 & 31st. They will be set up inside the cafeteria during all lunches. You will need to bring your first payment of $100.00 to place your order. You can pick up an extra packet at the front desk if you need one. Also, it’s not too late to order a class ring if you haven’t done so. Go to www.jostens.com print your order form and bring it with your other forms to the representatives during lunch.
- Any student that knocks or bangs on the AC classroom door just for a joke or fun and games will be assigned AC for the remainder of the day of the occurrence AND will be assigned a full day of AC the next day. The entrance to the classroom is constantly being monitored via camera.