Daily Announcements for the Week of 10/29/18
- If you are interested in trying out for the men's soccer team this year and are not in the soccer class, please come to a short meeting in Coach Keel's room, R-202, at 7 AM on Thursday November 1st or Friday November 2nd.
- PLEASE COME CHECK THE LOST & FOUND AT THE FRONT DESK FOR ANY LOST LUNCH BOXES, JACKETS, BINDERS OR CUPS.
- MISD College and Career Night will be held on Monday, Oct. 29 at the Center for the Performing Arts (1110 W Debbie Lane, Mansfield, Texas 76063) from 6 - 8 p.m. High school students and their parents are encouraged to attend. College, technical school and military representatives will be available to answer questions about their respective programs and campuses. Financial Aid and ACT/SAT Exam Prep Seminars will also be held. Please pre-register for this event by following the instructions posted on the Legacy HS website located under “District News” or scan the QR code from the posters that are located throughout the building. We hope to see you there!!
- Attention Seniors: Jostens will be on campus taking your announcement and cap and gown orders on Tuesday & Wednesday October 30 & 31st. they will be set up inside the cafeteria during all lunches. You will need to bring your first payment of $100.00 to place your order. You can pick up an extra packet at the front desk if you need one. Also, it’s not too late to order a class ring if you haven’t done so. Go to www.jostens.com print your order form and bring it with your other forms to the representatives during lunch.
- Any student that knocks or bangs on the AC classroom door just for a joke or fun and games will be assigned AC for the remainder of the day of the occurrence AND will be assigned a full day of AC the next day. The entrance to the classroom is constantly being monitored via camera and you will be caught.
- THIS IS RED Ribbon Week and RED OUT IS ON FRIDAY – Red Out shirts will go on sale tomorrow!
Tuesday is Decades Day – throwback to the 70s, 80,s 90s
Wednesday wear your Halloween costume – no masks or full face paint
Thursday wear your destination/vacation souvenir shirt
Friday is RED OUT
- Seniors – Monday is your last day to order your Senior shirts. You can order on line or in the Stuco store.
- Legacy is Setting a Table for Thanksgiving. Throughout October 29th to November 14th, a can food drive will be taking place.
~The boxes for donation will be located next to the student council store.
~All cans collected at the end of the two week period will be donated to Bethlehem Baptist Church.
Each class will have a corresponding colored box for the type of good donated.
Example: Seniors would donate goods that are green such as green beans, green peas, collard greens and spinach
The winning class with the most cans donated will receive FREE HOT CHOCOLATE redeemable at the student council store November 27th.
~The class will also receive points towards BOTC.
- VETERANS DAY LUNCH- We will be honoring faculty, family members, and friends who served our Nation with a Veteran’s Day Luncheon on Monday, November 12th from 10:55 am- 1:20pm. All Veterans are invited to attend this free Veterans Day Luncheon hosted by Legacy High School. If you have a family member that is a veteran or is currently serving we would like you to attend with your family member our luncheon. Please sign up at the Stuco store – there will be qr codes to scan and sign up.
- Red Out shirts are available now in the Stuco store. Stop by at lunch to pick up or buy your shirt.
- Would you like to earn college credit in high school or take specialty courses that can enhance your career?
Come join us Monday, November 5th at the MISD Center for performing arts as we explore the multiple dual credit opportunities and two new specialty courses we offer in Mansfield ISD! We will discuss the programs offered, the registration process, and equip you with the information needed to successfully enroll in the program that's right for you.
We will have a general session starting at 6:30 followed by a break out session geared to special interests.
Breakout Options: Breakout session will be 7:15-8:00
Option #1- Early College High School
Option #2- iStart Academy & Parent Q & A
Option#3- Education Academy
Option #4- CNC (Computer Numerical Control)
Option #5- EduDrone
To pre-register go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/college-and-career-opportunities-in-high-school-tickets-51657706591