Daily Announcements for the Week of 11/6/17
Posted 11/06/2017 12:13PM
Daily Announcements for the Week of 11/6/17
- Congratulations Debate Team who competed at Keller HS Sat:
In CX Debate, Ben Schnuck and Katelyn Pasierb took Second Place and Ben got Top Speaker Award.
In Public Forum, Margaret Vo and Joseph Castronovo went undefeated into Semi-finals.
Interested in joining the Team See Mr. Ritz AJ-114
- If you are not in Soccer class and want to try out, please come to Coach Keel’s room for a short meeting next Monday or Tuesday at 7:00 AM.
- AVID Club will meet after school on Monday at 3 and before school on Tuesday at 7 in J-108. Come out to find community service opportunities and college information.
- Attention seniors: The deadline for the Prairie View A&M University scholarship has been extended to November 17th at 3:00 pm. Please pick up an application in the counseling office.
- Club Leaders, Club Sponsors and Coaches- The 2018 yearbook will include “cards” for each interested club or sport. Members of your group can help design the cards with photos and coverage of your events. If you are interested in creating a card for your club or sport, see your club sponsor or coach and ask them to fill out the form Mr. Mallet mailed this week. Yearbooks are on sale now. Go to legacystudentmedia.com for the link to order online. This year’s book will have extra coverage and features you will not want to miss.
- If you are a young lady who is still interested in joining Ladies of Legacy, permission forms must be turned in by Wednesday, November 8th…NO EXCEPTIONS! See Mrs. Alamudun in J123 or Mrs. DeGray in the 3rd floor AP suite if you have any questions.
- It’s time for Toys for Tots. Legacy needs to step it up! Our goal is to collect at minimum of 500 toys and we know that Bronco Nation is up for the challenge. Please bring a NEW, UNWRAPPED toy to school. If you want to earn a free tardy pass this is your chance. Bring a new toy valued at a $5 minimum to any AP office and you will receive a coupon for a free tardy pass. It’s just that simple. Let’s show the rest of the district what Legacy is capable of AND give back to our community. A pizza party awaits for the class that brings the most toys. Happy shopping!
- Congratulations to the Football Team for making the playoffs! This is the 1st time in school history that the FB team has made the playoffs in back to back seasons! The Broncos will play at Red Oak this Friday to end the regular season and will face Burleson next weekend in the 1st round of the 5A Div. II playoffs. Details for that game have not been finalized, yet. Great Job football team!!
- All 9th/Soph and JV football players not moving up to the playoff roster need to go to A lunch everyday for the rest of the season. If you are on the playoff roster, you will need to go to football immediately after 2nd block each day and have C lunch. Go Broncos!!
- Don’t forget to bring your favorite veteran for our Veteran’s Day Luncheon Friday during all lunches.
- The JROTC Department is hosting a brief Veteran’s Day Ceremony at the LHS flagpole Friday at 7:05. We invite the entire school body, teachers and administrators to attend. The ceremony will only last 10 minutes tops. See you there.
- The JROTC Department will be marching in the 1st Annual Mansfield Veteran’s Day Parade this Saturday at 10:00. The parade will begin at RLA Stadium and will continue along Broad Street. This will be a huge Mansfield event and they ask that everyone attend as we celebrate Veterans Day.
- FCA will be hosting a game night on Monday, Nov 13 in the main gym at 6:00 PM. We hope to see you there.
- We are looking for one boy or girl to fill our last spot on our JV bowling team. The next practice is Tuesday, Nov 14 at 5pm at Alley Cats in Arlington. Come see what it is all about. Our first match will be on Saturday, Nov 18 at 2pm at Forum in Grand Prairie.
- MISD’s first Empty Bowls Event will be next Tuesday, November 14, 2017 from 6 – 8 p.m. at the Center for the Performing Arts. Ceramics students from Legacy and Timberview have created bowls for this event, and they will be up for sale. More exquisite bowls will be in a Silent Auction during the event. It is free to attend, but if you want to eat, it is only $5 per ticket for a catered meal. Please come out and support our Art students, and buy a bowl! All sales, donations, meal money, and proceeds will go to support Mansfield Cares Charity.
- Please see the bookkeeper if you lost any item of value, i.e. a ring, a watch, cell phone, or personal iPad. She has many unclaimed items.
- Keep up with what is going on at Legacy by reading therideronline.com. It is updated daily with news, photos, videos and more. You can keep up on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as well.