Announcements for Monday, November 13, 2017
- Monday starts Battle of the Classes. Remember to bring canned goods to your advisory class. Not only will you earn points for your team, but you will also be helping to feed the hungry in our very own community. Friday is the last day of canned good collection!
- Friday we will be on pep rally schedule. Seniors be sure to be on time if you have late arrival in the morning.
- Congratulations to Natalie Pixler who took 1st place in Original Oratory with her passionate speech and Phillip Ipock who went Undefeated in LD debate. You have a voice. Speak up and be heard. Not too late to join the Speech and Debate Team. You know who to see!!
- Students …You have something to SAY! So Speak OUT! Debate Has added a new Speech team. If Interested in competing in Original Oratory See Natalie Pixler or Mr. Ritz. Let your voice be heard!!!
- Ogle Cosmetology will be coming to the Go Center on December 7th . He will be here from 10:30-1:30 informing the students about Ogle and the different types of opportunities that students can get with the help from them. We have put up flyers in the school building and have a sign up sheet hanging on the GO Center door for students to sign up.
- We are looking for one boy or girl to fill our last spot on our JV bowling team. The next practice is Tuesday, Nov 14 at 5pm at Alley Cats in Arlington. Come see what it is all about. Our first match will be on Saturday Nov 18 at 2pm at Forum in Grand Prairie.
- FCA will be hosting a game night Monday night in the main gym at 6:00 PM. We hope to see you there.
- On Friday, November 10, 11 students from the Legacy Choirs participated in the 3rd round of TMEA All State Auditions at Broadway Baptist Church. The following two students have advanced and earned a spot in the 4th and final round of auditions to be held in January:
Stacie Morton, Soprano 1, 4th chair
McKenna Collier, Soprano 2, 5th chair
Congratulations to these two students and all of the singers who participated
- If you need help with the EOC retesting prep, tutoring is available from 3:00-4:00 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday after school.
Tuesday- Mrs. Conlin’s room Y-308
Wednesday- Mr. Brown’s room Y-309
Thursday- Mrs. McGarr’s room Y-305
Come get some practice in before the Dec 4th English I and Dec 6th English II re-testing!
- Have you brought a toy yet??? Our Toys for Tots boxes are feeling empty and lonely. Show some love, and bring a new toy for a needy child in our community. Don’t forget … You get a free tardy pass if you bring a $5 toy. Just take it to the closest AP office. A pizza party awaits for the class that brings the most toys. Happy shopping!
- Seniors: Fundraising money is due by Wednesday, 11/15 to Mrs. Cavnar’s room. That is for chocolate orders and popcorn sales.
- The following colleges will be here soon during lunches to share what their school has to offer:
University of Texas at Austin - Tuesday November 28th
Savannah College of Art and Design - Friday December 1st
- Art Club is meeting today from 3:00 to 4:00 in N102.
Dive in to the Hispanic culture and join us every other Wednesday for National Spanish Honor Society. There will be games, activities, snacks, and volunteer opportunities. We have a meeting this Wed in Ms. Suarez’ room, AJ 103. Can’t wait to see you!!
Please check the lost & found at the front reception desk for any lost t-shirts, jackets or pants. Anything that is unclaimed as of Friday the 17th, will be donated right after the Thanksgiving break. Thank you!
There will be no Debate Practice after school this week.
- Please see the bookkeeper if you lost any item of value, i.e. a ring, a watch, cell phone, or personal iPad. She has many unclaimed items.
- Keep up with what is going on at Legacy by reading therideronline.com. It is updated daily with news, photos, videos and more. You can keep up on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as well.