Daily Announcements for the Week of 12/11/17
Posted 12/12/2017 12:02PM
Daily Announcements for the Week of 12/11/17
- First Semester Exam Exemptions will be handed out Tuesday, December 12th during all lunches. If you do not pick up your form during lunch, forms will be available in your AP office before school, during lunch and after school.
- Students who are taking TCC classes this spring may pay the Legacy bookkeeper December 18-21 and January 9-12. The cost is $65 per class. If you receive free or reduced lunch at school, then there is no charge for your classes. The final payment deadline is January 12, and TCC classes begin January 16.
- TCC books for the current semester are due to the 3rd floor AP office no later than this Friday, 12/15/17.
- Attention Seniors: ASVAB scores are now available. You can pick them up from the counseling office before school, during lunch, and after school.
- Spanish Honor Society is now offering tutoring for your Spanish exams. Free tutoring by experienced students will be available in the Spanish classrooms at 3 PM Monday through Thursday next week. Mornings are available by appointment. See Ms. Suarez in AJ 103 with questions.
- Spring semester schedule correction forms are due by the end of the day to the counseling center on Tuesday, 12/12.
- Booster club is going to sell playoff shirts Tuesday, in the cafeteria, Thursday night at the football dinner and Saturday before the game.
- The anime club will have it's annual White Elephant Gift exchange party Thursday in AY313. You can drop off your gift and any treats to share with club members in Mrs. Bennett's room throughout the day.
- Next week is Home for the Holidays dress up week!!
Monday we will settle in for a long winter's nap - PJ day!
Tuesday is candy cane day - wear red and white!
Wednesday is stockings day - wear your favorite fuzzy socks!
Thursday wear your favorite ugly Christmas sweater!
StuCo has a photo booth set up outside the StuCo room for you to take pictures all week! Post your pictures on twitter and use #LegacyFam.
- Last week thousands of band students across the metroplex auditioned for All-Region honors and to advance to Area and State on their instrument. Legacy Band students have been preparing since August for their auditions. Legacy had 83 band students audition for honors. Of those 83 who auditioned 29 members ofthe Bronco Band were selected to the All-Region Honor Band. Please give these students a congratulations for their dedication and hard work!
Theron Abell (percussion)
Seth Ballard (percussion)
Alyssa Boortz (bass clarinet)
Caroline Brown (French horn)
Haley Brown (French horn)
Angelo DeVera (clarinet)
Landon Dodds (percussion)
Kassidy Edwards (oboe)
Paige Elmore (bass clarinet)
Alisa Flores (trumpet)
Sophie Henry (flute)
Emily Holland (French horn)
Brooke Johnson (clarinet)
Colin Kelly (alto saxophone)
Ryan King (alto saxophone)
Hasani Little (clarinet)
Josue Pacheco (flute)
Erin Reigh (clarinet)
Trevor Reigh (trombone)
Morgan Richards (French horn)
Annabelle Riddle (flute)
Conner Riley (trumpet)
Alex Rodzewich (percussion)
Jett Schnackenberg (tenor saxophone)
Hanna Shaffer (percussion)
Yunah Song (flute)
Alex Vo (alto saxophone)
Landon Wright (clarinet).
Eleven Bronco Band students have advanced to the Area round of auditions in January. They are:
- Chick Fil A chicken biscuits are coming to Legacy!! Buy your ticket for a chicken biscuit during all lunches today! Chicken biscuits will be delivered before school NEXT Wednesday, December 20th starting at 6:45. Last day to buy tickets is Monday. Chicken biscuits will cost $4.
- Warm up with a nice cup of hot chocolate before school and during all lunches NEXT Wednesday. Hot chocolate will be $1.
- To all students interested in riding the Fan Bus: The Fan Bus will be leaving the school at 12:45pm on Saturday, and all students need to be here at 12:00pm. The bus will be in front of the gym, and all parent permission slips need to be signed and turned in by Friday at 1:00pm. Thanks and see you at the game.
From Dr. Butler: For students who plan on attending the Aledo vs. Legacy football game on Saturday, please remember to conduct yourself according to the rules of MISD and the UIL. Be aware that the entire MISD school district is being represented by US tomorrow. Our actions as fans set the tone for WHO MISD really is. Use common sense when creating signs to display at the game. Conduct yourself with a sense of pride while screaming your head off in support of our boys. Be loud! Be rowdy! But, be aware that you are a representation of Legacy High School. Show the rest of MISD and Aledo that we have the best student body in the state. We know how to WIN with class! Go Broncos!! I believe that we will win!